Friday, June 3, 2011

Province shuts down controversial zoo

After 21 years in operation, the doors to controversial animal sanctuary GuZoo will be officially closed after the province denied a permanent permit to the facility Wednesday.

Provincial officials visited the zoo Wednesday to discuss contents of a report from an independent review and granted owner Lynn Gustafson a seven-day temporary permit to make plans to relocate his animals.

"In their wisdom they have just made me aware we are living in Communist Alberta," he said.
"They say I cannot be open to the public anymore, which is kind of a kick in the teeth, I'd say to all people of Alberta.

"It hurts – you spent a lifetime doing something for people and getting gratification myself and to have their rug pulled out from under you it kind of hurts, but I guess that's supposedly progress." More

No comments:

Post a Comment